Friday, May 29, 2009

God is GOOD!


As a family we set the deadline for today for John to decide what he wanted to do for colllege. He was going to have to make a decision based on the information we have NOW. John is also leaving later today to go down to Norfolk with some friends to take a ride out on the USS Theodore Roosevelt and watch some carrier take-offs and landings. With John not home most of the weekend, the decision had to be made by 5:00 tonight. George Mason University and the Air Force was looking like a sure thing - until today...

I got a call from one of the folks at the NROTC detachment at Carnegie Mellon this morning. He was letting me know that hopefully by lunchtime we would know if the Navy was going to grant a medical waiver. Talk about going down to the wire. While we were talking, we got an email from DoDMERB saying the Navy was granting a waiver. Praise God!

So, looks like God has answered all our prayers! John has to decide if it will be Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh on a Navy ROTC scholarship or George Mason University on an AFROTC scholarship. I wish I could say, the fun begins now, but in reality, I think John has his work cut out for him! I must say though, through Him ALL things are possible!

No comments: